Select a story
- The Inauguration & Interview with the Project Lead
- Final Preparations!
- An internal road network & land rejuvenation
- The Factory is Coming Together!
- “The opportunity of a positive impact”: Interview with Alejandro
- Cold storage and more
- Interview with Elvis
- Testing our first E-Trycicle
- Laying of bricks
- We have a roof
- Personal note from Mira
- Standing steel structure
- Factory foundation finished
- Water, a valuable resource
- Our challenges
- Added value for farmers
- Let’s start building? Not so fast.
- Soil testing with Elvis
- Where to build our new factory?
- Buying land in Ghana
- Visualising the factory
Soil testing with Elvis08.09.2022
First, we needed to clear the land and take some soil samples to understand its composition. This is important so we use the right materials, know where to find water, and choose an even spot for our factory. Elvis, our Senior Quality Assurance Manager, accompanied a team of Soil Specialists during their assessment. In a nutshell, the results will help us to understand if the composition of our land fits our construction and factory plans.
Fast forward to some good news: We have to level the land because the surface is quite uneven. But the soil composition is stable and reliable to carry our factory for many years… and more importantly for many cocoa fruits to be processed.
Stay tuned! We will lay the groundwork soon. And day by day, with little and sometimes bigger steps, Africa’s biggest cocoa fruit factory comes to life.