Select a story
- The Inauguration & Interview with the Project Lead
- Final Preparations!
- An internal road network & land rejuvenation
- The Factory is Coming Together!
- “The opportunity of a positive impact”: Interview with Alejandro
- Cold storage and more
- Interview with Elvis
- Testing our first E-Trycicle
- Laying of bricks
- We have a roof
- Personal note from Mira
- Standing steel structure
- Factory foundation finished
- Water, a valuable resource
- Our challenges
- Added value for farmers
- Let’s start building? Not so fast.
- Soil testing with Elvis
- Where to build our new factory?
- Buying land in Ghana
- Visualising the factory
After we were able to finalize the decision on the contractor who will build our new factory, the construction crew arrived at the factory.
They started by cleaning the land of weeds and shrubs. They brought an excavator with them for all the heavy leftovers like tree stumps, that cannot be removed by hand. Elvis, our Senior Quality Assurance Manager sat down with Frank from the construction company right away to clarify the first steps and talk through the construction timeline.
In the meantime, local employees started to erect a fence to shield the construction site from the street, and to ensure the safety of workers and materials. Through the employment of locals, and young professionals we help to boost the local economy, and moreover, the local community. Creating impact is at the core of everything we do, therefore it is so important to involve the community in our endeavour from day one onwards.
Watch this video message of Elvis at the construction site: